« All Events
June 17 from 9:00 am until 3:00 pm $5
2017 Poker Run details as follows: Open to 125 pre-registered vehicles only due to limited space at our host location, Arrowsmith Golf & Country Club.
Registration fee: $ 5.00 which includes 1 entry to win a special prize and every attendee receives a special Poker Run gift.
|| Arrive and Stage
- Do not open Envelopes!!! (Judges will open all envelopes)
- All cards must be in by 1:30 pm
- You must have 6 (six) envelopes – #1 thru #6 inclusive
- One card must be discarded unopened (your choice)
- Must follow route
EVENT SAFETY RULE NOTICE:
NO BURNOUTS ALLOWED! For the safety of the spectators along the routes, our Members, Volunteers and yourselves, the Seaside Cruizers Car Club gives notice that burnouts are prohibited during all our Father’s Day Show ‘n Shine events. The RCMP, who may be present along the routes, have advised that there will be zero tolerance for what they deem as dangerous driving. Anyone caught ignoring this Event Rule will be banned from other scheduled 2017 events including our Sunday Father’s Day Show ‘n Shine in Qualicum Beach. There will be NO REFUNDS for offenders! DRIVE SAFELY AND ENJOY!
POKER RUN DIRECTIONS
- Starting from Arrowsmith Golf Course…
- Proceed from golf course along Fowler Rd to first stop sign and turn right onto Boorman Rd.
- Drive to Island Hwy and turn right.
- Proceed on Island Hwy to Laburnum Rd and turn right. Stay on Laburnum Rd which automatically runs into Rupert Rd and make a left turn onto Jones St. Continue on Jones St to the Eagle Park Care Home (watch for signs) and turn left into the parking lot and pick-up your 1st card. Return to Jones St and turn left.
- Proceed on Jones St for two blocks and turn right onto Fern Rd. Continue on Fern Rd through two stop signs to the lights at Memorial Ave and turn left onto Memorial.
- Drive down Memorial and cross the railway tracks and take the second right onto Village Way. Follow Village Way to the first street on the right, Berwick Rd, and turn right. Continue on Berwick Rd a short distance and turn left into “The Gardens” to pick-up your 2nd card.
- Departing “The Gardens” turn right back onto Berwick Rd and return to the stop sign at Village Way.
- Turn right and continue along Village Way to the stop sign.
- Return to Island Hwy and turn right.
- Stay on Island Hwy into Parksville along the waterfront route (approx. 10 km or 6 miles) until you reach Joe Cunningham Ford dealership at Mill Rd and Island Hwy.
- Turn right at Mill Rd and then an immediate left into the dealership lot to pick-up your 3rd card. Proceed thru dealership and turn right onto Island Hwy.
- Continue on Island Hwy to Shelley Road. Make a RIGHT and then immediately a LEFT into the Chrysler Dealership. Go around the back of the building and pick-up your 4th card. Turn right back onto Island Hwy.
- On the Island Hwy, stay in the left hand land. Cross over the orange bridge and proceed until you get to the first set of lights which is RESORT WAY. Enter the LEFT HAND TURN LANE and turn left at Resort Way. Drive to the stop sign at Resort Drive and turn left again.
- Follow Resort Drive until you reach the LOG CABIN STORE and pick-up your 5th card. Exit straight ahead to the stop sign and head back to Parksville on Hwy 19A.
- Follow the highway back over the orange bridge and keep in the left lane. Follow the highway until the lights at Chevon Gas Station. Take the left turn lane and turn left into Hwy4A.
- Follow Hwy 4A. Stay in the left lane. Go under the highway overpass (still keeping to the left) and continue on Hwy 4A.
- Continue until you see the PINETREE CENTRE on the right. Pull into your right and go to the parking lot near SHANNA’s RESTAURANT. Watch for Olds Cutlass, he will hand you your 6th card.
- Turn back on Hwy 4A. Go through the lights at Church Road and staying on Hwy4A through the village of Coombs (famous for the Goats on the Roof Market) to the set of lights at Hwy 4 (t-intersection).
- Turn right at the lights heading back towards Qualicum Beach and the roundabout.
- Follow the roundabout to the 3rd exit onto Rupert Rd. West. Continue on Rupert Rd W (which automatically turns into Laburnum Rd) to the T-intersection at the Island Hwy and turn left.
- Turn left and follow Island Hwy back to Boorman Rd and turn left on Boorman Rd (large yellow sign for Arrowsmith Golf Course).
- Follow Boorman Rd to Fowler Rd (another yellow sign) and turn left and return to Arrowsmith Golf Course to turn in your six cards.2017 POKER RUN HIGHLIGHTS
- Registration maximum for the Poker Run is 125 vehicles. Your paid registration fee of $5.00 entitles you to a Free 2017 Poker Run Souvenir gift (one per vehicle) .
- Food is available at Arrowsmith Golf Course including breakfast, muffins & coffee, and a BBQ lunch after the Poker Run.
- Prizes awarded for best Poker Hands submitted.
- Putting green challenge is planned with over/under 19 years of age awards. Free.
- Dyno testing by Harbour City Diesel & Offroad.
- Seaside Cruizers Car Club
- Arrowsmith Golf & Country Club
- Micky J’s Restaurant – Come in for early morning muffins, coffee, and breakfast or have a BBQ lunch after the Poker Run with lots of prizes for the winners!
Merchandise sales on site including T-Shirts, hats, souvenirs and raffle tickets as well as a golf putting contest.